Saturday 30 April 2011

Give me an answer better yet SHOW me an answer!

While searching around the internet and reading a bunch of different things about Entrepreneurship and Small Business I came across a list of 29 tips that someone who is in business had wished they had known before they started.

Among those tips was this:

#15. Don’t trust people who routinely answer questions you never asked. They’re trying to justify something – maybe to you, maybe to themselves. Either way, it probably won’t help you.

I found this interesting and timely for 2 reasons: 1. I had just come from a meeting with the Mayor of Ottawa who was speaking to a group of youth and was doing this for almost the entire time he was speaking and being asked questions. 2. Because we are in Federal Election mode here in Canada and as I watch these politicians speak in circles I think "FUCK can't you ever just answer the question?"

So that is my rant for the day. I am not sure what it all means other than I guess these politicians wouldn't be in business very long if they had to follow this tip-but then again I guess they have been doing it for years and years so maybe they are the bright ones, I don't know?

All I do know is that I wish just for once that as we move forward in this country and in all politics and in all education and in all business and in all kinds of sectors that we would just cut the bullshit and start talking honestly to one another. We, as humans, (this is my belief) need to really start providing answers and actually working in this world in a much more pragmatic way. Circling in questions and even the next step, talking about solutions or answers is only half of an ACTUAL solution-SHOW me the answer! Please, just for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment