Tuesday 27 September 2011

Dave Werner a young creative

So last night I was doing a bit of web surfing and looking for some creative inspiration-FOUND IT! I came across Dave Werner and his site okaydave.com.

I immediately fell in love with the simplicity of the layout but the complexity of the information. I know that the mix of video, audio, and text for me was just right, you know kinda Goldilocks and the three bears style.

Not only was the site a great looking site but as I searched through some of the links and really listened to Dave's messages I was impressed with his many unique and very creative projects.  In particular, after having worked for so many years in the coaching industry I truly can appreciate the effort Dave went through to put together his Reflect/Respect project. As well, any time people are given the opportunity to talk freely and openly I feel like magic happens so cudos to Dave for giving people one more opportunity to open up in this world. People open up and share things that they have been holding in for some days, for others weeks and yet for even more a much longer time and I know that this freedom of release can be  

I find it rare these days that so many people take the time to share their own stories and to follow their own imaginations and Dave has done a beautiful job of this. Even if some of his projects and imaginations were prompted by school projects, you can tell the Dave was passionate about the work he produced and he put a lot of himself into the projects he presented (hmm...I seem to know a lot about this guy for someone who actually doesn't know this guy, haha, ok so my perception is that he puts himself into most of his projects-I'm writing him an email so I guess I'll find out) . He has done some amazing projects and has done an even better job in telling the story of those projects, something that I know inspired me for sure and I know will inspire others as well.

Check out his site and let me know what you think. Which project connects with you the greatest? Do you have projects of your own that you are working on?



In the next couple of months I have several projects that will be revealed. The aim of many of my creative projects are about story telling and getting people to connect and reconnect, to share, and to put themselves out there. Just like in some of my other posts-I truly believe the more we put out there of ourselves the more we will get in return.


No comments:

Post a Comment